Reporting to the company’s Operations Manager, the role is to ensure excellence in delivery of our operations through a professional, hands-on approach. The Operations Supervisor will manage forward planning and support day to day logistics, ensuring every customer requirement is carried out to the highest standard.
The Operations supervisor will support the operations manager with scheduling and allocations of work. This will include ensuring vehicles are ready for the job, allocated to the most appropriate driver and that the drivers have the correct information to be able to conduct the job.
The operations supervisor will support the operations manager to resolve challenges as they arise and take an analytical problem-solving approach to identifying and addressing key issues and trends to improve efficiency and continue to give an exemplary customer service experience.
You will work closely with the team leader to ensure that staff are supported to perform their job roles to the highest standards.
Previous experience of supervising is essential, and operational knowledge would be an advantage, but the successful candidate will be provided with appropriate training.
This role is Monday to Friday and with some weekends on call. An element of flexibility is required at peak times to manage the increased vehicle movements and time off in lieu will be used to support the smooth running of operations.
- Support the operations manager in scheduling of vehicle, driver, and customer requirements.
- Supervise smooth running of daily allocation of work.
- Sending out work tickets to drivers.
- Checking vehicles are ready for each job. Cleaned/fuelled.
- Checking driver is clear on route and information about the job and carrying out their role as per driver manual and skills matrix.
- Proof checking bookings. Checking timings, parking, and details. Sending pre-departure email and follow up emails.
- Booking European crossings, parking and hotels where required.
- Work with the workshop team to get vehicles booked for routine maintenance and body work.
- Building customer relationships.
- Managing driver reports.
- On call duties.
- Preparing quotations and bookings for customers.
- Monitoring staff job performance feeding back to the operations manager.